Furry Ones Welcomed
Pets are welcomed in select places throughout Yosemite, but it’s important that owners follow the rules—to make the park safe for everyone, and to protect the wildlife.
- Pets on leashes 6-feet or shorter are allowed on paved bike paths and roads.
- Pets must be with their owners at all times.
- Owners must clean up after their pets.
- Pets are NOT allowed on hiking trails—except for Meadow Loop near Big Trees Lodge and Old Big Oak Flat Road between Hodgdon Meadow and Hazel Green Creek.
- Pets are NOT allowed in hotels/lodges, wilderness, beaches, meadows, shuttle buses, or in public buildings.
- All campgrounds allow pets, except walk-in campgrounds.
- From May through September, a daytime only kennel is available at the Yosemite Valley Stable. You must provide written proof of immunizations (rabies, distemper, parvo, and bordetella) from your veterinarian. No food is allowed, due to wildlife management concerns. Because of limited kennel space, advanced reservations are highly recommended, please call 209.372.8326.