We will continue to update information related to the lottery process and meal plans through this page on an on-going basis. We appreciate your continued patience and look forward to serving you.
The High Sierra Lottery is now closed
The 2017 High Sierra Camp Lottery is now closed to new entries. Winners are expected to be notified no later than February 28, 2017. Please check this page in early 2017 for updates regarding the lottery status. Please refrain from calling or e-mailing to check the status of your submission as our agents will not have access to that information.
Please Note: There are three separate applications dependent on the trip you prefer: Guided, Unguided, or Meals Only.
Yosemite High Sierra Camps have been a popular destination in Yosemite National Park since they were first established. We will begin accepting submissions for the 2017 lottery dates now until November 14, 2016. We email winners in the spring.
Because weather conditions are unpredictable, opening and closing dates, dates for Ranger Guided Hikes and Saddle Trips may be changed. Reservation lottery winners’ space is dependent on the facility or services being open at the time of the reservation.
- A maximum of eight spaces may be requested on one application form.
- Only one application per party. Duplicates will not be accepted.
- Please do not send payment until requested.
- Winners will be selected at random.
- We will notify all applicants about their standing in the lottery by Spring 2017.
- You will receive notification that your application was received once you submit the online form.
- Please do not call or email to check on the status of your submission. Due to the volume of applications received, we ask that applicants wait until the lottery is complete to make any inquiries.
- Remaining inventory will be made available to the public after all applicants have been notified.
No need to pack in your meals! Let us do the catering when you make a Meals Only reservation.
NOTE: You’ll need a wilderness permit for the High Sierra Camp Meals-Only option. You can get wilderness permits up to 168 days (24 weeks) before your trip’s departure date.